Saturday, August 29, 2015

No Vamos a Valparaiso

I On our third day of skiing I was riding a chairlift with Dan. I turned to him and raised as concern about going tip Valparaiso after six days of skiing (this is before I took a day off). Valparaiso is built into the side of a hill and is known for its steep hills. I wasn't sure how my legs would feel about this. Apparently on the previous chairlift, Colleen raised similar concerns to Dan. So rather than heading to the coast for our last two days in mainland Chile, we changed our reservation and decided to stay in Santiago. (This turned out particularly well for Colleen because she caught my cold - but had it much worse).

Holly arrived at out new hotel in Santiago at the same time as us and after freshening up, Holly, Dan and I headed to the Los Domenicos neighborhood to check out a local crafts market and then back to Barrio Bellavista for lunch. After lunch we took a funicular to the top of Cerro San Cristobal. Colleen, Dan and I tried this last week but the funicular was closed for maintenance. In a way I'm glad because it was a much clearer day this time around. You really get a sense of the vastness of Santiago from there. 





We attempted to return to our hotel on foot but Holly was clearly hitting a wall after her red eye flight and Dan and I were more than happy to hop back on the subway to return to the hotel. 

We started our last day in Santiago right. 80 minute massages to relieve our muscles after the weeklong ski trip and prepare us for part 2 of our adventure. Next up Easter Island (aka Rapa Nui)! 



No comments: